From: T.B.Pots
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:03 PM
Subject: [RC] Yet more Selenium questions

My vet left a message on my answering machine today about my mare's selenium levels.  Now I know from reading Heidi's posts that the normal range is above 200.
However, I don't know how to translate what he said on the message to that target figure...and I'm hoping someone can help.  He said most horses fall in the 15-35 range but my horse Fanny is only 3.5.   Unfortunetly, he's off for the weekend and I won't speak to him until Monday.
Can someone explain to me how the numbers he gave to me compare to the ones Heidi mentioned?

Also, doing a google on SeE supplements brought up a plethora of possiblities to purchase.  Has anyone found the best bang for the buck?  My vet mentioned Mega Sel on the message he left...any good?

Tracy