[RC] heartrate monitor question - Angela Lewis

I have a silly question.  My battery on my Pro Sport by sensor dynamics heartrate monitor died last week so I had the battery replaced and all seemed well till I got it wet (supposed to be waterproof) now the heartrate monitor watch is working fine EXCEPT it keeps flashing a heartbeat of over 200 and it is not even in the same room as the monitor itself and when I hook it up it still reads the same. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Angela Lewis
Saddleback Arabians
http://www.geocities.com/arabian_crazy74/