Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1451 GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! - Coujurs1

In a message dated 5/20/2004 2:30:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Chipnml@xxxxxxx writes:

Hasn't everyone wanted to run some arrogant...er....well...JOGGER (or biker) off the road?  Or am I just sadistic?

Nope, not being sadistic.  I told this story a few years ago.  We went riding in an area near Winston-Salem.  A 6-7 mile trail around a lake.  Duane and I are walking and chatting.  And Goat's head shot up.  Next thing I know he nailed a bicyclist, kicked the handlebars and flipped him. This guy rode up right behind us, and didn't say a word.  Goat started jumping around, and almost stepped in a culvert.  The guy immediately started apologizing and asking if I was okay.  I bent his bike.  On we went.  And some other guy riding a bike asked if the horse had kicked him, I said yep.  He said well he shouldn't have rode up on top on you.  We got back to the trailer and a note that said, hope you are okay, but there is the issue of the bike repair.  And a phone number.  I started to call him and say that this horse is worth a ton of money, and we will have x-rays and send him the bill.  But didn't bother.

Nina