[RC] McGyver Moves on the trail - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Chris Littlefield clittlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recently my horse nicked himself above the hoof with a piece of glass that was
hidden in a hole that we did not see. Although the injury wasn't serious, that
cut just would not stop bleeding. Seeing how we were training 10 miles from
home, I had to come up with something or stand there on the side of the road
applying pressure. All of the sudden a thought came across...I pulled out my
chap stick, applied some liberally on my lips and used the rest to plug the
hole! Vanilla mint wax saved the day! It really did work!

What inventive solutions have others come up with for emergencies while away
from home?

so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.
~  Tom Noll