[RC] RE. getting thru a 100 - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Suzanne Solis gaendurance@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have never hallucinated.
Between me and my horse I never have gotten bored and I do slow 100's.

It seems that there is allways something to do or think about.
When footing is slow you need to eat or drink, wether you want to or not just
do it.
When footing is good and you can trot along I concentrate on my balance and
guiding the horse over good footing.
When it is time to stop for some reason I start looking for good grass and
water. I try to never stop unless there is grass or water.

Before I know it it is dark and we are way over half way thru and by then you
keep occupied watching for trail markers and
glow sticks.
But in the dark you must trust your horse, even when it looks like you should
go left try to stay balanced and let the horse choose the trail. They really
can see very well at night.

Just like 50's, 100's get easier the more you do.
The first 100 was the hardest one to get thru.

Good luck,
Suzanne

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland