Re: [RC] [RC] The stuff you need, or NOT - Flora Hillman

Title: Clear Stationery
Wow, Laura!  Way cool that you're doing the XP.   I'll want to hear ALL about it next time we bump into one another at a ride.  I'll have a bottle of wine and two glasses at the ready to ensure I get your undivided attention AND the full details. :-)

On that new Rino GPS of yours -- I'd love to know how well it works under eastern conditions, pleeeese. I doubt whether you'll have a problem with trees or cloud cover blocking the signal during the XP, but back home east how will it perform under the dense foliage??  I'm ready to toss my Ironman GPS in the garbage because it cuts out every time I ride under a tree (which you cannot get away from here in VA), OR refuses to pick up a signal under even a slightly overcast day.  I've talked to too many other riders who are having the same problem with their GPS, and most don't even bother using it anymore.   However, I'm willing to spring the bucks for something more powerful that will do the job regardless of weather or trail conditions.