[RC] [RC] The stuff you need, or NOT - DreamWeaver

The new corral panels (ok, these I would have bought anyway): $500

Laura - you were doing pretty good till you got to this part. <G> Last time, riders were literally throwing aside their $500 panels and leaving them behind (sorta like the pioneers did with extra stuff they didn't need). Did you ever get to read what the Duck wrote about "how it will be"? Well, that pretty much all came true, pretty hilarious.

Remember you are moving camp every day. You may (will) even have to move on the weekends. You are also going to be hauling reeeeally early in the a.m. to the start , and sometimes from the finish of the ride to camp. Panels are a lot of work for your crew, and not necessary for the horses, there are places along the way where you can turn them out in arenas and pens.

The most important thing that I notice you forgot, is scratches preventative and/or treatment. Better get loads of desitin and whatever else works for your horses. Email me privately and I can tell you more about avoiding scratches in Nevada (sorry I don't have your email handy right now). Everything else you can get along the way.

Good luck, and enjoy your adventure! :-)) Keep up the enthusiasm and your energy, it'll carry you thru and you won't even notice that you're tired. Not that you'll get tired. Nope, not gonna get tired. :+D

Karen

============================================================ Many of the endurance riders in our top echelons of competition, now and in the past, exemplify the 'common man' not the hierocracy. It is this possibility, this chance to come to the fore, that makes endurance competition of the Aussie/American type so much more desirable to part of the world. ~ Bob Morris