From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 5:27 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] So now we know when we're ready for a 100, now how do we
get through it?

Please Reply to: Char char.antuzzi@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have read each and every post regarding knowing when you are
ready to ride a 100 miler. I've read where people just want to
get through it. I've read where people ride vet check to vet
check. How do you get through a 100 mile ride, both mentally
and physically. I rode Tevis in 2000 and was pulled at Deadwood
for being overtime. I am riding again this year and want that
buckle so bad. My horse will come first, but if he's all good to
go, what "tricks" mentally and physically can you give me to get
ME through it.

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and
think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton