[RC] Don't take life so serious, it isn't permenent. - oddfarm

Isn't that a great saying? Today, I found out that my mom lost all of her hair after her first chemo therapy. My Aunt died suddenly of a heart attack. My friend from high school has found yet another tumor and has to have a complete hysterectomy and my dog is in the hospital with several problems and may not come home. I am not looking for sympathy, just driving the point of this saying home.

And so I turn to ridecamp for some laughs and holy crap, LD STILL hasn't left the building. And not only that, but the bickering and nastiness is out of control. What is going on???

Pantyman, I can't believe some of the stuff you have said to women. Do you talk to your wife that way? You may be a wanna be southern gentleman but a good man doesn't berate and swear at anyone in such a public way, let alone a woman. I am disappointed.

I use to be a bill collector for a jewelry chain. Men would charge thousands of dollars on trinkets for their girls and then not pay. I would then have to take the trinkets away from the girls. The guy would call me cussing a swearing like a sailor. Then I would get to say, "Do you kiss your wife with that filthy mouth?" They couldn't slam the phone down fast enough or hard enough. No sense of humor, I guess. But I digress.

Anyway, so you don't like someone bringing up your record. I wouldn't like that either and mine ain't so bad. But Howie, for all your declarations about equine welfare why can't you see that is the first thing that comes to everybody's mind. They are looking for credibility. You always talk education, they want to see a report card. Yours.

But we don't always have to do the wrong thing, to learn the right way.

There are people, even old-timers who have so much to share. You may not agree with their advice but they give this information for free. FREE! You don't have to take it but maybe if you just hold it for a while, some of this may come back to you and you will say,"Ahhh, I understand now". Or maybe not.

I have been doing this sport for a year or two longer than you Howie, (although my first 2 years disappeared from my record, I don't know how that happened) and I don't know it all. I don't agree that everyone is out take LD off the map. If you want to re-vamp LD, get your proposal together, get some signatures and get it to the BOD. If that is not the correct way to do it, contact someone who could tell you the proper way. Then the members can vote.

And while you are at it, how about this. Why don't we have a "non-competitive" division. No points, no miles, no frills. Here's how it would work. I pay my entry, see the vets, do the ride. But if I want to quit, or go over time or do the same trail twice because I thought it was so beautiful, I could. And I wouldn't have a "pull" on my record. I my be the only one but I have gone on many rides that were "training" rides. Most of my pulls were because it was happy hour or I just felt like it. I had a few overtimes and somehow one of them shows a metabolic pull, but it wasn't. But seriously, wouldn't that be a great division?

But the most beautiful part about this division is that we would have yet another group that we could criticize, (if they aren't gonna race they need to get out of the way!) give unwanted advice to, (if you don't shove electrolytes down his throat he's gonna die) and be real nasty to on ridecamp.(Your mother wears Boa boots!) Why should LD have all the fun?

I think the more time you spend on the computer swearing at women, or anyone for that matter, means less time that you are working on your mentoring program and training your horses to do well.

What do you think?

I'm trying to watch your back homeboy, but you make it very, very difficult.

Lisa Salas, tHe Odd faRm and Corona Ranch

I know it hot and it's summer but it is great to be ABLE to get out and ride. So get off the computer and do it. HEY WAIT! I have an idea! Let's all get out and ride all summer, keep track of our miles and training regimen and come back in the fall, (you know when things are cooler) and share! Then we can compare, set goals and go out and see how our training will pay off. Whudda think? If that doesn't sound like fun, at least we will have more ammo to be catty about!