Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1446 - NdurN

In a message dated 5/19/2004 12:40:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

To prove yourself you just HAD to do the OD100.

Just had to chime in on this....The very first year I tried the OD 100, I got lucky and finished...Had done other 100 milers.  Rode entire ride with Gene Fisher, many times completer and daughter Nina.  We were all riding calvary(crewless)  far from clueless thanks to Gene.  Finished around 3 am with 3 horses in great shape, in fact we had a miny horse race up to Skyline drive on the way in.
Finished many times after that, Once before midnight and won the Calvary award a couple of times but nothing quite matched that first completion.

Susan K