[RC] 4 year old, hard road - Jonni Jewell

I started on driving on of my horses when he was about 5 on hard roads(
gravel / dirt). I used EZ boots on him to help with the concussion, and just
started slow, and built up speed and distance, and watched for any swelling,
heat etc. in legs and feet. I think done right, this can be a great thing to
help build the legs in prep for distance riding. In So. Calif., all we HAD
were the hard fire roads, so that is what they all got worked on. Now I have
an area with very nice soft, mostly rock free trails, that don't prep the
legs (IMO) for tougher going like the fire roads did.

Jonni

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~  Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance