Re: Fw: [RC] balance/posting - MtnRondi

In a message dated 5/18/2004 8:19:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Your hill advice is right on the money.  I've heard it said that whether
you are going up or down, you should be in a position more or less
perpendicular to what flat would be--so that if the horse magically
disappeared out from under you, you would land on your feet.

This is really true. One time I took photos of several people coming down the hill to No Hands Bridge in Auburn, on their way to the fairgrounds. When I took the photos and turned them so the horse looked like it was on level ground, the excellent riders all were in a perfectly normal riding position. On the photos of the poor riders, they were all leaning back with feet forward when it appeared the horse was on level ground.

Bonnie
So. Calif.