Re: [RC] why we ride?? - Becky Rohwer

 > Yep, told my Doctor that I ride (for now) LDs,
 > explaining it was 25 miles.  He looked at my
 > funny-like and asked, "All in one day?"  When I
 > proceeded to tell him I would be starting 50's in the
 > fall, and hope to do a 100 a year later, I thought his
 > his chin was going to hit his knees as he
 > unbelievingly asked, "All in ONE DAY?!!"  At least he
 > didn't set up any psych tests for me!

 Yup, I always start to laugh when I tell someone I'm going to go ride 50
miles after they ask me how many days that will take.  I just tell them, not
a matter of days, just a matter of hours.  I love seeing the jaw drop open.
Yes, we are a crazy bunch.

 Becky R. - Montana

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm