From: "kit kat" <patchworkfarmshorsestuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 2:28 PM
Subject: [RC] Legging up needed on new horse?

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a new 6yr old standardbred mare.  her last race was 4 weeks
ago.  I plan to break her at a clinic im going to in 2 weeks.  But what I
was wondering is... because she has so much legging up at the track... She
was jogging 8 miles every other day and 6 every other day with brushing
inbetween.... Do I have to start her from scratch for legging up?  She is in
wonderful physical condition and I cant wait to start riding her... but I
just wanted to know where to start... for training for endurance.  Thanks
alot!

Sarah and Its Gotta Be Art,
Abbotsford BC Canada

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland