[RC] knee problems - sherman

Hi Chris,
Did you wreck your knee riding and I wonder if you (or anyone else please) have any advice on preventive measures to avoid more damage to my knee as it doesn't seem too bad yet. I rode a pretty aggressive training ride this past weekend and my knee has been slightly sore since. This is the first time that it has ever hurt for more than 10 minutes after I dismounted, and it's been 2 days now. I want to save it so I can continue to ride with my 11 year old daughter, who aspires to ride the Tevis.
Thanks,
Kathy