Re: [RC] Decline in 100's - Truman Prevatt

Barbara,

When I do a 100 I want to go somewhere and I want to see something. The mental part of a 100 is as difficult as the physical part and repeat trail -  unless it is a "lollypop" where your are coming home on the trail you went out on wears on you (at least me ) mentally. I am sure if it wears on the rider it also wears on the horse.

I was expecting to be winding down out of work so I would have more time to travel and ride. But seems that I am busier now than ever and I don't see it letting up - unless I just refuse to answer the phone. When my Uncle tells me he thinks I can help, I have a difficult time saying no.

But I did buy a new truck so we can travel and we are planning a short trip this summer to the mountains. So there is hope. I do hope to make it to both your ride and the Big Horn some day.

Truman

Barbara McCrary wrote:
Truman, it's too bad you live so far away from CA and Swanton Pacific 75/100.  Both are one-loop rides, both are tough, AND beautiful.  I think you would like either one; they fit your preferences of trail lay-out.

Barbara McCrary, ride mgr.
Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The most beautiful trail in the world"

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.