[RC] Truck/camper advice - Nina Vasiliev

Hello everyone,

I drive a 3/4 ton 1990 Ford heavy duty truck and pull a 3 horse bumper pull Trails West trailer which I think is about 4500 lbs. I've been asking my husband for a used Pop-up camper. He found a regular camper, custom built, sitting on a Chevy Sliverado, both dating 1977. The camper, (I think the brand is Dreamer,) looks great but it hangs off the truck by a few feet and has a hitch extension. Total package: $3000.

My question is would the camper fit on my truck? Would it add too much weight? It looks heavy and I think it's about 3500 lbs. (I didn't have my reading glasses when I stoppped on the street to look at it.) Can I tow safely with an extended hitch?

Thanks!
Nina VAsiliev

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes