[RC] Endurance - Horse or Rider - rides2far

   What a great perspective!!  This is one of the best posts I have
read on  entire subject.  I have always thought endurance should be
foremost
a test of  what our horses are capable of doing

I think this is my problem with the International Points Chase as I
understand it. There are some incredible "endurance jockeys" who can fly
to another country and beat you on a borrowed horse doing better with it
than its own owner could have done, but that's a whole different sport
than the people who buy one horse of their own, pick it, train it and
ride it. Both can be impressive but are totally different. So long as the
emphasis is on the rider rather than the horse it seems like a different
sport than the one I compete in.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle