Re: [RC] Fires Near FORT HOWES - John Teeter

Get to Fort Howes early!! Both Steph and I had great on-the-job fire training a
few years back. Arrived on Wednesday evening and by mid-day Thursday we were on
the fire line. Got our part controlled by late evening. It didn't distract from
the ride and it certainly is a way to bond with your crew!

It's the kind of country that accomodates fire as a way to stimulate growth I
think. It was common to see old fire marks on the trees and fresh grass coming
up after the burn.

Anyway, hope to see you all there. It should be a very good week. It's the
second of the USEF National Endurance Team Training events (after Biltmore), so
all the USEF folks will be there too.

John Teeter