Re: [RC] appendix quarterhorse - Vallonelee

Hi Diane:

I rode a QH for years - he was great.  I love that he never spooked anything.  The major difference I saw in riding the QH and now riding Arabs (I still own that QH and he retired sound) is that the QH takes longer to get to peak condition.  Probably has something to do with the type of "twitch" muscles and the proportion of same, etc.  But, once he was fit - he did quite well in endurance.  He didn't hold his weight as well as my small fatboy Arabs but that just required more management on my part.

I say, enjoy the ride no matter the breed.  Ride each individual horse at their level and HAVE FUN ! !

Lee
".......and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing. God created the horse. The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf. Man, being encompassed by elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse not made him king."