Re: [RC] [RC] looking for mentor in NW Georgia - Laurie Durgin

Blue ridge is N/Ne, Ga. Andgie is N/NW . And as soon as my hubby gets my truck wired for the controller (the one I bought 5 months ago;0) I am going hunting for someone to train with occasionally. Rascal is going back to work. We have been out reconniointering our 'trails" , gps-ing our training loops, finding the ones now lost to new development. And the damage from the dirt bikers , 4 wheelers and erosion is increased. I may have to shoe in back now cause of the new heavy gravel the power company put on our road. I am exploring the areas across the 'dump road' too. But must limit my riding to week days before school is out, and /or ride the easements, rollercoaster hills.This summer is will have to be real early to beat the heat. The easements are all in full sun, where as the other trails are under tree cover.
I just spent 2.5 hours breaking branches on a creek loop , full of babmboo, vines and poplar, Rascal thought we were "smogasboarding". He did bodyslam me in a shy for something in the woods, and there was somethiing dead out there, in the woods , but I wasn't investigating. He also stopped dead ,cause there was a black cat sitting in the road. Like he'd never seen a cat. But then it was black .With the new gate in our road, it stopped alot of the mudders and 4 wheelers, but there are other ways in.Rascal thinks he should trot downhill or up, with huge ruts and rocks in the trail. 3 trips, not sure if the lousy terrain , long feet or remmnants of his EPM. No powerhousing till I see how he is doing and fitter, so he jigs, again.

From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
To: wdj777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   looking for mentor in NW Georgia
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:48:40 GMT

Diane & Brazz

Wait a minute *I'm* in NW GA.and don't recognize any of those places. Are you sure that's not NE GA?

Angie McGhee Wildwood, GA

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm