[RC] Montana de Oro, San Luis Obispo, California - Dbeverly4

Hello All!
Thanks for putting the pressure on!

I have received a copy of a new District Superintendent Posted Order issued by Nick Franco on Tuesday. Nick has signed off on a Posted Order that will open all trails recently closed by Greg Smith. Ofcourse, this does not guarantee lifetime access, but it does give us freedom and peace of mind for 2004. We will definitely have to remain vigilant to protect our interests as long as Greg Smith is the Sector Superintendent.

In the meantime, Nick Franco has suggested that we set up an advisory committee of equestrian organizations to meet and review any and all trails issues regarding state parks in the local district. I think this is an excellent idea and it will go a long way towards (a) improving relations between parks and people, and (b) preventing the type of unilateral actions we have been subjected to this past year.

I recommended to Nick that this committee should include;
ETI Corral
Back Country Horsemen
Coast Mounted Assistance
Atascadero Horsemen
Pacific Long Riders
Ride Nipomo

This is a good cross section of local equestrian groups. I did not include CET&LC because I did not think they had a local representative who could attend occasional meetings. Toby, if you would like to be represented, please let me know.

Thanks again for all of your support.
John Krueger
CMA