Re: [RC] FDA Warning Letter to Fort Dodge - DarkHorseGoddess

>>With regard to abcesses following use of the IN strangles vaccine--this is almost ALWAYS due to either improper administration or to the horse having a pre-existing open lesion of some sort

Heidi
My horse has no open lesions and the IN was properly administrated by my Vet. The IN Strangles caused an abscess inside my horse's head.....it was on his brain. A spinal tap sample was sent to Gluck, to the Vet who developed the FD IN Strangles vaccine, it was confirmed that my horse suffered an adverse reaction to the IN vaccine and it was confirmed that it caused the brain abscess.

I have no doubt that "something" was wrong with the vaccine that was used on my horse and the stallion that died.  What are the odds that two horses vaccinated from the same vaccine vial would have adverse reactions that caused bastard strangles inside their bodies?

>>with the exception of the IN strangles (when appropriate) simply because at this point it is the best thing on the market for preventing strangles

I personally spoke with the researcher who developed the Fort Dodge IN strangles, and he is very concerned with the high amount of adverse reactions. In fact he is in the process of developing a new strangles vaccine, this research is being funded by the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.

I never asked any one to boycott Fort Dodge, I stated that I would never again use their products, as I no longer trust Fort Dodge, their products nor the Vets who work in the Professional Unit. Raven