[RC] Biltmore 50 Redux - Roger Rittenhouse

Well it looks like the time I heard at the awards was not the official
time.. a bit longer then I thought. 8:43 RT but I did move from 61st
place to 59th .. really smoking the trail?

A bit slower then I thought- missed the planned target of 8 to 8-1/2,
but still a good ride for us.

To respond to Howard.. and some others, no other comments will be
posted related to my issues with the FEI/OPEN AERC Ride.
I will address the concerns with the RM Ann A in due time.

It is 'just me' I did not care for the formality, and 'other
situations'. It is part of the deal that goes with a hi profile ride.

It is sort of like this, many or allot of small minor picky issues
added up all day along with issues on the trail to make the whole
experience less enjoyable.

It is NOT for me ,as well as many other riders. Most who will NOT
come out and make any comments, fear of reprisal?? or the don't make
waves position.

Others have no problems.

I would really like to see separate rides.
 Separate crew area separate vets .. but ride the same trail.. two
 rides in one. It could work at the Biltmore, but may not be
 practical.

Riding in an FEI/AERC ride is sort of like the LD thing ,
an acceptable form of competition for some  but not for others.

I will prefer to ride only AERC  and not have to deal with any of  the FEI
influence. NOT a real big deal. as SK said its a big tent.. I just pick
my end of it...  AERC LD and 50 milers..SE style.

Roger Rittenhouse
www.vmaxept.com
800 655 8629
pictures  http://community.webshots.com/user/psdendurance
pictures (new) at http://ImageEvent.com/vmaxept

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland