RE: [RC] [RC] Hot weather, on staying hydrated..... - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Hi'
That is what we will do at Edaran Classic 120 km in Kuala Lumpur this weekend.It will be water,water water for horses and riders and super slow, slow slow.

Nik

From: "Carol" <cstiles@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Hot weather, on staying hydrated..... Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:16:30 -0700

Julie wrote:
<On staying hydrated..... I have suffered from heat stroke several times
<in my life, and it's not fun.  A couple years ago, I took a trip to
<Kwajelein *grin* Where the hell is Kwajelein!?  It's about halfway
<between Hawaii and Australia, 8 degrees off the equator. It's HOT!
<about 85-105 ALL the time, and HUMID, like 90-100%.  I was to be there
<or three weeks, and I was terrified.

I agree with you Julie, humidity with heat is the worse. Last year, I crewed for the Fed-Ex boat down in the British Virgin Islands at the Interline Regatta ( where all the major airlines rent 40-50 sailboats and compete against each other racing around the islands for 10 days) and the climate was exactly the same down there. It's so hot that you are get wet from sweat just standing around in your bathing suit. Imagine if we had to do an endurance ride in that...not a fun thought. I survived by drinking lots of frozen concoctions. : )
Carol

Download ringtones, logos and picture messages from MSN Malaysia http://www.msn.com.my/mobile/ringtones/default.asp

I drink a 50/50 mix of rootbeer and soymilk at the vetchecks.
~  Libby Llop