Re: [RC] [RC] Little Manistee Mess - Deanna German

David,

Sorry you had such a bad time. I went to the Hopkins Creek ride last year,
which I believe is on the same ride site of very near there. I have no doubt
that both rides attract about the same people. I had a very good Hopkins
Creek experience despite wrecking my trailer and having to leave my horse
behind for two weeks (with the goddess Jeannie)!

As someone else said, we lost 3 rides this year. I don't know about anyone
else, but I'm pretty happy to have rides to attend. Everything else is
icing.

If any  ride management is a little abrupt, that's OK in my book, they've
earned the right! It's hard to put on a ride, get everything done that needs
to be done AND maintain any sense of humor or social decorum. That ANY RM
can do that is simply amazing to me. There are tons of things that can
happen behind the scenes to cause problems that riders never know about. As
for the rain, when *I'm* riding a sandy trail, I'm grateful for rain. It can
only help the footing!

I'm a newbie to endurance too and also trailered far -- about 8 hours.
Riding outside of your region is different. All rides do things a little
differently. Trails are marked differently. Sometimes the trail maps are
colored by helpers who don't know the trail and aren't completely accurate,
that's part of the fun! Part of the challenge of the sport is making
adjustments to each new situation.

I trailered by myself and saw only a few familiar faces, but met a campful
of helpful people. Not that I'm recommending it, but maybe you just needed
to wreck your trailer to have a better experience. :-)))

Take care!

Deanna

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris