Re: [RC] FDA Warning Letter to Fort Dodge - John and Rose Muffett

thanks for the heads up on this. last month my Vet used FD vaccine (4-Way) and had major reactions in 4 horses at one stable. the reason I know this to be true is the fact that we were shipping or stallion to a trainer and i wanted him to be vaccinated, etc. during the coggins pull and health check. Well, my Vet told me that he ordered new vaccine, spoke about the reactions, etc. said that he's not using FD products any longer because of this. And to stop by his office later that week when his new vaccine from another company would be in. Scary - I did ask what reactions those horses suffered, and he said severe reactions - were swelling from the neck all the way down to the hoof. Treated the reactions with banamine for pain. All 4 horses recovered from what I heard. We know use the generic banamine from PHOENIX too, no more FD generic banamine, it's cheaper too, paid 74.00 for the last 250 cc bottle. FD used to have a good reputation - so I thought. Their reps were usually at our Vet's yearly health dinner too, but I don't think they'll be here this year for that.

Regards,
Rose Muffett
Oregon

============================================================ I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :) ~ Tina Hicks