[RC] info on attempting first 50-miler - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Loyce Krogel traildancer@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I live in Glide, OR and trail ride extensively on a Missouri Fox Trotter
who is 10. My daughter and I, along with another mother-daughter pair would
like to try endurance riding. We regularly ride 15-25 miles when we go out,
usually fast walk, some trotting, very little canter as we usually ride in the
mountains. My daughter rides an Arab, the other two ride a QH and a POA
respectively. Any tips on conditioning both horse and rider? Info about vet
checks, what goes on in camp, what to expect, etc. This is all new. We did a
CTR in Yamhill a couple of years ago and assume this is quite different. Thank
you.

where the horse does not fit in; at least in my world,
as delusional as that one may be.
~  Howard Bramhall