From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kari Hanes
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 9:43 AM
To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Little Manistee Mess

David,
We were there as well, though we didn't pull in until Saturday afternoon
to ride on Sunday. We talked to alot of folks who were there for the
ride on Saturday. Despite the rain they had no complaints. We feel Becke
puts on an excellent ride, though she was short a few volunteers, she
did her best to accomodate everyone. If there were questions on the
trail route, there were many other people there to answer any questions
you may have had. And yes, we are newcomers, we've been there only once
before and were treated great. If I have questions at any ride and can't
get the answer from the ride manager, I pester everyone in camp until I
find someone who's been there, most are very willing to help newcomers.
The weather is an issue that no one has control over, if that was a big
issue for you - you should have found the forecast online before you
drove all those miles, the weather has been awful in that area all week.
We found some plates were down/sagging because of the weather, but the
trail was obvious. I'm sorry you feel you were short changed in anyway,
but I feel each ride is a learning experience and you learn how to
approach things better or differently for next time. I would like to
offer a big THANK YOU to Becke for doing her best and having this
ride!!! We lost three rides in Michigan when White River Rides were all
cancelled and I appreciate Becke doing this for the Great Lakes riders.
We'll see you in September for Tin Cup!

Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Ridecamp Guest wrote:

Please Reply to: David dhmonroe@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Little Manistee ride goes on record as my worst ride experience ever.
The ride manager was rude.  We were treated like red headed step children.
Apparently new comers are not welcome there.  The ride meeting was held very
late in the evening, the only trail information given was misinformation
causing some riders to miss the out of camp vet check altogether.  It was
very cold and raining to top off the rudeness of the ride manager.  I am
sure glad that I had a good experience at LBL previously.  Otherwise I would
think that distance riding was not worth my time.  I drove 480 miles to be
treated like trash and given a bum steer to boot.

David

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond

I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks

---