RE: [RC] That Time of Year.....again! - Kathy Ramspott

Ditto to what Chris said.  There is shelter available in the form of a barn overhang or trees for the windstorms.  I don’t know that there is ANYTHING we can do to protect from a tornado, I’ve heard to just leave them out and let them go to where they feel secure.

Kathy - SE

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Paus
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 8:04 PM
To: DarkHorseGoddess@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] That Time of Year.....again!

Mine live outside with run-in sheds for shelter so we have no choice... they make their own decisions about in or out.  chris

DarkHorseGoddess@xxxxxxx wrote:

What do you do when Mother Nature turn ugly, do you bring the horses into the barn? Or leave them out?

Thunderstorm -- Horses in or out?

Lighting -- Horses in or out?

Tornado Warning -- Horses in or out?

Tornado Watch -- Horses in or out?

Hail storm -- Horses in or out?

Windstorm -- Horses in or out?

And what do you do, when bad weather hits ridecamp or on the trail? Raven (getting ready for a storm)

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus