Re: [RC] rider fear - Barbara McCrary

----- Original Message -----
From: <Agilbxr@xxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] rider fear

As for Catfish's suggestion of de-spooking. Been there. Done that.  He
doesn't do these things in the arena or in the pasture.  You can take him to
shows and de-spooking clinics, and he's an angel. I can about strip on him,
and he doesn't care.  The other day, we were out in the forest and an
armadillo ran literally under his feet, and he never blinked. It is just
those darn horse eating monsters in the forest....I wish we could clear them
out.  I wonder if I put blinkers on him, if he'd see as many of them.
hmmm....  Do horses ever spook just for fun?

**I certainly believe they do!

And if they do, how can you tell an "i'm being stupid" spook from a
legitamite, "i'm sure something's trying to eat me" spook?

**I suppose there is a way to tell, but offhand it doesn't come to me.

I think I need a paso fino manual....

Juli and Alpine (on vacation due to that tack rub....)
At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length
of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond