Re: [RC] pet peeves - Alice Yovich

Wow, that's great.

I am actually basing my experience on only one ride. I did 2 rides my first season and didn't pay any attention where I went in the pack at all. Then last spring I went out in front of the Novice group. It was just starting to storm, but she didn't seem to care.  My mare was fine, walked on a loose rein, etc. Imagine my surprise when a rider  (either an open drag rider or a competitor, not sure which, but I'm thinking drag rider b/c I don't remember seeing a number on them) came blowing by all of us galloping at full speed across a field. I was PISSED. Then I had to deal with bucking and all kinds of nonsense for about 5 miles.  It ended up being fine. we actually won that ride (to my shocked self) but the first few minutes were annoying