Re: [RC] pet peeves - Barbara McCrary

Sometimes people who don't know how their horse is going to react to his first endurance ride start out last.  Then imagine the delight to discover that the horse is a perfect gentleman who walks out of the start on a loose rein.  My experience last Saturday.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] pet peeves

Seemsed every time I've started out "last" someone always has to blow by. I found that starting in the middle works a lot better.

Truman

Alice Yovich wrote:
Now come on Truman, this isn't fair. I try to start out in the back as much as possible b/c I just like it there. My mare can politely, slowly and sanely pass other horses, but like the original poster when someone who timed out late by accident comes flying by me going super, duper fast, she totally loses her mind. I hate being blown by.