Re: [RC] Boa Horse Boot - Dana B.

Truman wrote:
I can't keep them on a bare foot for more than a few 100 yards at any
speed besides a walk and even at a walk they come off....

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Maybe you're not doing anything wrong.

I'm no expert, but I've used EZBoots a fair amount this past year on my Paso Finos, always on barefeet.  As Marlene said, hoof shape seems *really* important.  My one mare has very upright tiny feet, and I can't keep them on even with foam.  Another mare is 20 and never been shod - her feet are like platters!  EZBoots work well with her, even without foam.

Besides hoof shape, way of going is also very important.  The 20yo has a drop of Peruvian blood several generations back, just enough for her to have retained a hint of termino.  Because of that, her front boots sometimes work themselves loose after 10-20 miles of big climbs.  When I rode the first 36 miles of the Tevis trail last summer pulling ribbons, I foamed the front boots on (not the back).  We made it through to Robinson Flat with all 4 boots solidly on her.  It depends on the horse....

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx