[RC] How long does "alfalfa high" last? - RISTREE

We've discovered that our hard keeper does well on soaked alfalfa cubes but that they turn him into a bit of a nutcase under saddle.

I hate to ditch feeding them altogether, so I'm wondering if anyone has any information (one horse studies fine -- I'll just collect them all and add my own) on how long "alfalfa high" seems to last in sensitive horses.

Oh, and not to worry, I'm doing all of the other things we're supposed to do with hard keepers.  Trust me.  (When I told Susan Garlinghouse precisely how we were feeding him, she just shrugged and had no further ideas.  The Official Susan Garlinghouse Seal of Approval.)

So whatcha know about the dreaded alfalfa high, Dr. G.?  ;-)

Thanks much in advance.

--Patti