Re: [RC] Blue Heeler/Australian Cattle Dogs - Magnumsmom

Why don't you check out petfinder.com?  There is a lovely girl
up for adoption in MI.  Select Dog, breed "cattle", State: MI
Check out "Wendy".

Also, Jenny in OH does a great job with ACD adoptions.  She
has several nice ones right now.  Find her using City / State
Eaton, OH with Dog, Breed: Cattle

We got our male 2 years ago in March from Jenny and shipped
him out to NM from OH.  He's just great.  She got him at about
15 months and we found her and adopted him at 2 years. Thank
goodness she does what she does.

Our female we just got from the Albuquerque Animal Shelter 2
weeks ago.  She's just a year.

Both are GREAT dogs.  Jasper came house broken.  Nanaimo
was housebroken within a couple days.

I can't imagine people throwing away these good dogs.  Yes,
sometimes you can find puppies up for adoption as well.  Have
fun, they are a great breed.  Jasper can do 20+ training rides
with us now.  On our NM rocks and sand, that's a tough dog
with tough feet.  He is learning to ride with me in the saddle
now and then like a real ACD.  Arabians are a great breed too.

If you are still intent on finding a breeder / puppy, make sure
you find a reputable breeder and not just a backyard puppy mill.
ACD's are SUPPOSED to have a tail.  Check out:

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM