[RC] RE:Camper vs. LQ Gooseneck - Jonni Jewell

I don't think there is any "one" answer that will fit all folks as to camper
or LQ trailer. You know your riding habits, camping habits, budget, storage
space, truck size and type etc. All of these weigh out what would work best
for you. A camper, or LQ trailer.

We went with a camper.  We like to camp some without the horses, and when we
lived in CA, we regularly went to the Sierras with our little boat to trout
fish in the lakes. At the time, we were also limited as to how big of a
trailer we could get into the parking area at our house. I am able to load
and unload the camper from the truck by myself, but many do not want to deal
with that. Takes me about 30 min. to do either. Our camper is a 9.5', which
is plenty big for the two of us, but not "too" big to tow a trailer behind.
I also am one that would not have a non-dually truck with a camper. That is
my preference for stability. (although many do have campers on
non-duallies...I feel safer)

Tracy, go look at both on some sales lots. Consider the truck you have, and
also the trailer you have already. How much would you need to replace for
either a camper or LQ trailer. And when I say go look at them, get inside
the campers, move around. Sit at the table, stand in front of the stove, go
into the bathroom area. Get a feel for both, as to "using" them. Don't just
stick your head inside and say "that's nice". Also, if you are going to use
the truck you already have, consider what it's weight limitations are.

Now that we are in Texas, it is rare for us to see many truck campers on the
road. But we still love ours. It works great for getting in and out of some
of those tough camp sites. No dragging plumbing on rough roads, and we can
park it in lots of spots to small for some of the LQ rigs. But, we must put
it on the truck to go some place. I leave it on during most of the ride
season, and just lumber in to town if I need to go to the store.

Happy shopping! Hope you find the perfect rig for YOUR needs!

Jonni in TX