[RC] Biltmore Relay from Angie - John Teeter

Angie made it to Ashevill, she called in to tell me that all her memories of
"where to go after entering the estate" were history as the vet check area has
been moved to the other end of the river road (rather than down at the arena).

There are SHADE trees over this new area - with the sun shining and some furry
horses it will be quiet helpful - but still the tents are going up (in the
shade?)

The camping area wasn't changed much (which resulted in the FEI camping being
pretty far removed from the vet check - role reversal.

There has been major ROOT GROWTH on the trail - must have been all that rain
last year?? It should be a very challenging ride at speed over several
sections.

H.E. Sheikh bin Sultan Al Nahyan (17 years old - Angie didn't mention her
girls??) is there to do his first 100 on one of Darolyn's horses. His group has
a floor at the hotel I guess.

Michele Rouche's 100 mile loaner seems to have fallen through, so she only gets
to do a 50:( The other 9 USEF National Endurance Team members are vetted in.
Always fun to watch the pre-purchase exams at the FEI vet-in -- oops I think I
wasn't supposed to say that....

Anyway, Angie is there - she's off to find a wi-fi hotspot (Old Europe Coffee
House with free Wi-Fi access with dinner:)

Basically - its a new face on Biltmore - Shade for the vet checks - but hot
and, down by the river w/o a breeze, a bit oppressive.

johnt (aka Angie off and on this week-end:)

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano