Re: [RC] Ticks - Barbara McCrary

Our vet says that you can use Kill Tix on horses.  It is made for dogs, but you use two packets on a horse; dribble it along his spine and it is systemic.  It doesn't repel the ticks, but it kills them when they start to suck blood from the horse.  Don't know anything about sprays that repel, as I have never used them.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: [RC] Ticks

Hi everyone
I was wondering what everyone is using for fly spray that keeps the ticks off.
I went conditioning ride last weekend and my guy came home with alot of ticks on him, on his legs,head and chest, he is a bay so I did'nt notice them at first.  The spray I used said it was for ticks. So anyone can help me on this I would be ever so grateful.
Teena