[RC] Juniors who ride 100's - DreamWeaver

Okay you guys, if you think Juniors should be included in the 100 mile award category, write to your directors and tell them. I'm sure they'd like to hear about something other than LD right now. :+) http://aerc.org/Membership_Bod_Board.asp Currently, Juniors are included in regional awards, and pioneer awards but not the 100 mile category. I know it's a small thing, but think we need to try harder to recognize those that have put out so much work and effort to reach one of the highest achievements in the sport of endurance riding.

Then maybe next time they get to see a proposal, they will approve it. I just wrote one and submitted it to the Junior Committee that if approved, would have given out 2 (two) awards in 2003 to Juniors. I don't know if they could vote on it to be retroactive for 2004, probably not. Maybe somebody could sponsor an award and we could give the kids something anyway? The new proposal would award a maximum of 5 awards to Juniors nationally, who would need to do at least 2 one day 100's to qualify.

I would like to see more incentive for people to ride 100's. People don't ride 100's for the awards, they do it for the personal challenge and fulfillment and gratification it gives them. There isn't much else that can make you feel like a real endurance rider, than to complete a 100.

My first 25 mile ride was a lot harder than my first 100. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!

In support of all Juniors who have completed one day 100 mile rides in the last four years: http://aerc.org/Education_Max_Junior.asp (scroll down to see the other years) Here is a link to the current Junior of the Month: http://aerc.org/Education_Junior_Month.asp

Karen
in NV

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius