[RC] forwarded with permission....ld/BC - kay mathews

Becky makes very good points and I would like to add my "hear, hear" to the list of concerns regarding the LD/BC. If BC is an optional for 50's and 100's, why not for LD's? Making it mandatory is taking the judgement away from the Vets. I've been to a few rides where it was announced the vet didn't think anyone deserved BC and believe me the message was taken to heart and lots of discussion was given to the reasons. Ride managers now have the option. Let them and the vets make the decision..... why make this difficult to appease the egos of a few. K. Mathews, AERC 2106, @ W Region , 6000 + miles
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~ Confucius