Re: [RC] Heat and Conditioning - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 5/4/2004 12:42:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thinner horses do
show more skin tenting than those with a better
subcutaneous fat layer-

I seem to recall reading that this is true for older horses as well - their
skin tends to lose some of its elasticity as they age, making it slower to
spring back.  When I read this (I can't remember where), I went out and tested
our horses - our 29 yr old did have more tenting than the younger ones.  A
one-rat study, but...Heidi?  Have you experienced this?

Dawn in East Texas
...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton