Re: [RC] Horses mauled by mountain lion - Patricia Griffin

I am making arrangements to do just that...thank you for the advice.

From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:48:06 GMT
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Horses mauled by mountain lion

Please Reply to: Sheila Larsen Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a wildlife biologist who is in full support of mountain lions (remember
those previous threads-wolves, lions, bears oh my) I know what I would do and
I would be getting my horse outta there.  Your horse may not be mauled but who
knows what may happen if they start to panic. My mare was chased by some
unknown animal (probably neighbor's dogs) and it was a serious injury when she
ran into the fence.

worse than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing
for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown