[RC] [RC] Wintec saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am looking at buying the Wintec 500 English saddle with the
Easy-Change Gullet System.

I use a Wintec 500 dressage saddle.  While I like the grippy
material of the 2000, the 500's finish is more "traditional."  That
means I could theoretically use this saddle to show in, if I had
that desire (and I do have horses that could go out and show in
dressage if I wanted to -- I'm just too lazy).  The finish on the
500 is also better for getting all wet out on the trail. :-)

As for the gullet system, it is easy to use, as advertized.  My
critters pretty much all take the x-wide.  On one in particular
I was still seeing a dry patch behind her shoulders and after
each 50 a few more white hairs would appear; so although she
never acted ouchy there was certainly a problem.  I just bought a
CorrecTOR pad, and the sweat pattern is now perfectly even on all
my horses.  On the 15th we'll have our first 50 with that pad, so
that'll be the test.

~Nicole

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle