[RC] equipedic success - Elkenchild

Hi Karla and fellow riders! Just wanted to share my first day of trying my new equipedic pad (I sold my arm and a leg for it, makes for some funny riding, but it's the pad that's going to solve everything, right?) Anyway, so far sooooo good! During a dressage lesson last week, my coach noticed right a way that the reason my mare never stands still in the saddle, is the wide tree on my saddle is pinching her withers. The tree was just widened to keep from pinching her shoulders, kindof a no-win situation with the appy throughbred cross. And, she's been out for a few days with a check ligament.
So, today after much ligament sweating and hand walking I got onboard, expecting a major blowup from my stall-bound hot headed mare. She started out ansy, expecting pain, but when it didn't come she relaxed into a long and low frame. When I asked for the trot, she collected right away without a fit, wearing only a snaffle (this is the mare that I've been riding in draw reins, kimberwicks, and martingales!!!) After our light work, there was a nice even light sweat mark. So far, this pad gets my thumbs up, and my mare's as well.

Laura
"Not all who wander are lost." (jrr tolkien)