[RC] Knee galls--NOT!! (Thanks, ridecampers!) - heidi

Well, after all the advice from ridecampers regarding my knee galls, I
opted to try the sheepskin tube thingies on my Webbers, despite the fact
that I was concerned about the bulkiness (figured I'd start with a cheap
fix and work my way up if that didn't work)--and come to find out, the
bulk didn't bother me at all.

I also am sure that I didn't take into account enough difference in depth
of the EZRide stirrups vs the irons (I had just switched from the latter
to the former)--so I shortened my stirrups more.

And since my riding tights were nearly shot (except for the tan pair,
which do NOT give a very pleasant visual on a tubby lady, since they are
the color of skin  <g>), I ordered a custom pair from Colleen at Carousel
with her new padding stuff at the knees.

Worked like a charm--I have only TINY rubs, not at all deep (not even full
skin thickness), that occurred on loop three (of four) on a 75-miler when
my socks rode up too far and got into the action--and which I was able to
stop completely by peeling down at the vet check and folding the tops of
my socks down out of the way.

So, I'm a happy camper--not only not sore, but not looking at "down time"
to heal up so that my knees don't bleed all over everything!

Isn't it nice how little it takes to make an endurance rider happy??  <g>

Anyway--thanks all, for your input.

Heidi

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt