Re: [RC] flies,bags of water? - Marv Walker

At 12:04 PM 5/1/04 -0400, rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
O.K. guys, what's the deal on the baggies of water repelling flies? A
couple of years ago my mother-in-law came home from a trip out of the
country and announced that everywhere over there they had baggies of
water hanging from strings around outdoor eating areas, etc. and that it
repelled flies.  Lately I've noticed several people doing this here and
there.

O.K. guys, what's the deal on the baggies of water repelling flies? A
couple of years ago my mother-in-law came home from a trip out of the
country and announced that everywhere over there they had baggies of
water hanging from strings around outdoor eating areas, etc. and that it
repelled flies.  Lately I've noticed several people doing this here and
there.

That is not water per se. At the last clinic we did in Flint in September those bags were everywhere and the sales rep who supplied them said the water had been treated in some form. I don't remember exactly how she said they were enhanced but they weren't just plain water.

The place has somewhere around 70 stalls and there weren't enough
flies to even say there were any.

Marv "Dang, these food related injuries are really annoying." Walker
2004 Events: http://MarvWalker.com/2004.htm

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius