Re: [RC] Message in Two Parts -Second Post on AERC LD BC - PleaseRead - Truman Prevatt

So the issue is not LD but endurance BC. There are some rides where all the horses look like crap and a BC should not be given. Why does the BOD want to much with that. Actually I can see standardization across the board for BC. If a riders wants to give some other award that that's their options. However, if the rules are standardized for the entire AERC, I sure can't support grand fathering in any ride. The OD gives the OD Trophy which is similar to the BC at the Tevis, but they also offer an AERC BC award. Seems to me the Tevis could do the same and be in compliance with AERC rules and still give their won "BC award."

Truman

Merryben@xxxxxxx wrote:
True, but the plan is to change LD and regular BC to make it mandatory to give the award according to AERC rules and that is what has a lot of people upset.  Also, they want to give national BC LD awards.  Of course they can't give the juniors anything for doing 100 milers....but what do I know...........mb

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.