Re: [RC] flies,bags of water? - Suzi Maiorisi

Amazing! I went to a little country store yesterday and saw a baggie of water tacked to the wall right at the front door...I wondered, but did not take the time to ask...but I bet it's one and the same, LOL.  Hmmm....I'm game to try most anything but hubby might REALLY think I've lost it this time if I start hanging baggies of water around the doors.  Dogs might find them too entertaining, too and it would be tough to hang one high enough that the Dane couldn't get to it Smiley emoticon!  But in the barn...I'll try it if it works!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 11:04 AM
Subject: [RC] flies,bags of water?

O.K. guys, what's the deal on the baggies of water repelling flies? A
couple of years ago my mother-in-law came home from a trip out of the
country and announced that everywhere over there they had baggies of
water hanging from strings around outdoor eating areas, etc. and that it
repelled flies.  Lately I've noticed several people doing this here and
there. Then out of the blue I received a commercially packaged deal
that's the same idea but a little heavier bags with rivets in the top to
suspend them around your barn I suppose. Don't know who my benefactor is
but I dutifully hung them up.  Now I have this fear that somebody's going
to start laughing and say, "You fell for that TOO?  So, anybody heard of
any research that affirms whatever affect it's supposed to have on the
flies eyes or whatever. My ponies think it's great fun to reach high and
grab them so there's 2 down already so I advise you hang them high if
you're going to try it. One of the commercially packaged bags actually
survived being pulled down by pony teeth though so if this is for real
there would be some advantage to buying theirs with the heavier plastic
and rivets...but it seemed pretty uneconomical to pay shipping on that
big bag of water when you could have just gotten 8 bags in an envelope.

Angie

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance