Re: [RC] Question (DUCK AND RUN) - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 4/30/2004 12:29:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
whirlwind@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sometimes I think one vet will give you better marks but
they
are different to.

I've noticed that different vets sometimes emphasize different things - that
is, one vet might really key in on gut sounds and grade a little tighter on
that factor, while another might really look at some other factor.  For
example, what is an A on gut sounds to one vet, might be a B+ to another.  I've
never really worried about it - I keep an eye (ear) on my horse's gut sounds
myself, so I know what he's doing and can relate that to how the vets score
him.  I would only get worried if a vet acted concerned, and I was hearing
diminished gut sounds.  Of course, I'm the kind of person who takes my horse up
to the vet and immediately tells the vet if I have any concerns whatsoever
about how the horse is doing, and will ask them to watch, say, the left front
extra carefully because he took a bad step on a rock 2 miles back.

Dawn in East Texas
REAL endurance is sleeping in the tack compartment of your trailer w/the
door open, and your horse snorts/snots on your forehead every 30 min!
~ Heidi Sowards